Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Meet Me Here

It was four days ago, I was standing in my kitchen and thinking/praying in my head for more patience, for more love and more peace. Then it dawned on me in that moment (or maybe someone else dawned it on me) that we all need a break, a moment from the rest of the world that tends to consume us.
So I said to myself, I just want a day to myself to do what I want, without a husband or a two year old pulling me a thousand different directions all at once. A day where I can go sit at starbucks by myself and read or journal or just to sit and listen to heavenly music from another world that doesn't exist in my reality. A moment in my busyness to be selfish.
I prayed for it, quickly, then was pulled away to fix dinner for my sweet girl. Forgetting in the days to come what I had prayed but my heart not forgetting. A prayer was sent with "urgent" written on the envelope to my precious friend, my true love. And he sent me my request packaged in sweetness from my husband.
I had today off, unexpectedly. I messaged William yesterday from work informing him that I had wednesday off and asked him if we should keep Haneilia home from preschool and save the money or switch wednesday for friday. Being sensible. Always being sensible, escpecially when it comes to saving a dollar and spending time with my sweet baby.
William, just to let you know, didn't know about this little quick prayer of mine.
He messaged me back and told me that he would take Haneilia to preschool and that I would take the day to do what I wanted. To have some time to myself. Wow.
Ladies, the lord knows your needs before you do. And in a hasty prayer out of frustation, your prayers are still seen as sincere to him. He loves you and I that much.
So as I sit here at starbucks drinking my tall mocha latte (and loving every single calorie packed sip) I smile to myself and thank Jesus for his love and his ability to hear my heart and to use my husband to grant my request. Me time.
All he aks in return is to be a part of it. To have some of your quiet time to love on you. So I asked the lord to meet here. To meet me at starbucks. Why not? He asked me first.

3 comments:

  1. that is THE best!!! <3 mmmmmmm those little things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooveee this! And you! Keep writing, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooooove this!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete