Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sit on your bottom!!

Well my friends, it looks like I officially have a toddler on my hands.  Within the past two weeks, Haneilia has learned to climb onto every piece of furniture we own, excluding our bed.  She is also a full blown little girl as well. Emotions and antics in full swing. But I have to say that this is probably my favorite age.  She is becoming more independent, which can be good and bad. But it's a healthy part of their growth as well. Sigh.
Yesterday evening was a sweet time with her. We were in my bathroom and she got under the cabinet, which i usually don't let her do, but did anyways because I was occupied at the moment (if you catch my drift).  She found a long beaded necklace of mine and came to me to put it on her.  She flitted  around the house for an hour or two wearing it, chewing on it and taking it on and off.  That, along with many other moments, was when I realized my little baby is not a baby, but she is a little girl. Such an important epiphany.  An age where you begin to nuture the femininity in her little heart, ever more so than before.  I use the phrase "Ohhh pretty" all day long.
As girly as she is though, she is still a toddler.  Fearless, to say the least.  Climbing onto the kitchen table chairs.  Getting down and making her way onto everyone around the table, then finally climbing the last one in the set and 'setting on her bottom' after I have told her to over and over.  I probably say this at least twenty times a day.  Oh, how she would love to be able to stand in the chair.  I can only imagine how accomplished she feels after making that climb, only to be told to sit on her bottom.  But mommy always knows best and she listens very well.  All this to say, it's true what people say.  It's when they start walking that things change.  They really do.  But the greatest part of the change is when they run to you with arms up and say "mommy!!" or when they try to literally climb up your legs because they want you to hold them.  It's an independent choice they have made.  "I want my mommy and I'm letting her know".   And that, my friends, is a choice I will always have to trust her to make when she needs to, because I will always be waiting.  Just like someone much bigger than us is doing the same.

I caught a few moments of my little adventure princess in action.  They are super cute and I'm sure you will enjoy them. 
Ohh pretty!



Greeting Daddy at the Door. Love.
Getting up
Sitting on her bottom:)
Getting down
Accomplishment

1 comment: